This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.



You may be aware that we experienced major problems with our telephone system yesterday (14th November).  The system appears to be functioning correctly now.  We apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced yesterday.


The Best GP Surgery in Sheffield - As Rated by You Once Again!

We are absolutely delighted at the news that you have rated us as the best GP Surgery in Sheffield in the GP Patient Survey carried out between January and March 2018.  

For more details please see the information below and click here. 

Safeguarding Vulnerable People

Safeguarding is protecting vulnerable adults or children from abuse or neglect.


If you have concerns about someone under 18 you can talk to a professional at one of the agencies below, in confidence. You do not have to give your name or address.

  • Children and Families Services - you can speak to a Duty Social Worker for Children and Families Services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ring (0114) 273 4855. More information about getting help from Social Care Services can be found on the Sheffield City Council Website.
  • Sheffield City Council First Stop Reception - you can call, in person, to the Council First Stop Reception, Howden House, Union Street, Sheffield S1 2SH from 8.45 am - 5.15 pm Monday to Friday (4.45 pm on Fridays).
  • South Yorkshire Police - you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ring (0114) 220 2020.
  • Other professionals - you can also speak to other professionals such as a doctor, health visitor, teacher, or the NSPCC who can advise you and put you in touch with a social worker or police officer, or who can pass on information on your behalf.

If you have concerns about someone over 18 you can talk to a professional at one of the agencies below, in confidence. You do not have to give your name or address.

If there is no immediate danger you can tell someone you trust. This might be someone in your family, a friend or neighbour, or it could be a professional, like your doctor, social worker or care worker.

Alternatively you can contact the Sheffield Safeguarding Partnership:

Telephone: 0114 2734908 (you can ring this number anytime).

Email: (do not include personal information if you do not have a secure email address)

If you are experiencing domestic abuse you can find help at Sheffield DACT (Domestic Abuse Coordination Team)

0808 808 2241

In an emergency – do not delay - call 999

Safeguarding Vulnerable People Policy Statement for

The Hollies Medical Centre

This practice is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all people, irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, language, religion, ethnic or social origin.

As a Practice we recognise our responsibilities to take all reasonable steps to promote safe practice and protect people from harm, abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.

All staff and volunteers in this practice will endeavour to safeguard people by:

  • Making patients aware that we take protecting them and the public seriously and will respond to concerns about health and welfare.

  • Working together to encourage an ethos which embraces difference and diversity

  • Respecting and empowering people to be safe from harm and/or abuse

  • Recognising and reducing the risk to people experiencing domestic abuse

  • Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know and involving people appropriately in that sharing

  • Following national and local safeguarding children and adults policies and procedures including safe recruitment of all our staff

  • Providing effective management for our staff by ensuring they have access to supervision, support and training as appropriate to their identified need

  • Supporting people to make their own decisions and by making best interests decisions for those who cannot make decisions for themselves

Our Lead GP for Safeguarding Children and Adults within the Practice is Dr Nikki Hall

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website